On Monday we celebrated Audrey's first Birthday. The day started like most others, everyone else still in bed while I got ready and left for work. I was really tired... and I am telling you this because I still hadn't clued in that it was my daughters first birthday.
At work I stumbled on a page for the new "iLife '09" suite from apple and as I was looking at the iDVD page I noticed the name on the screen shot, Audrey (pictured below). Now it is by no means a totally obscure name, but I also see references to it much either. I don't know why but I emailed the page link to Jacqui as I thought she might like it. We exchanged a few emails back and forth about how odd it was to see, all the while, I still haven't clued in that it was Audrey's Birthday yet.
That night as I was driving home it clicked, almost. I remembered the importance of this particular day, and only as I walked through the door, I caught the significance of the picture I had emailed to Jacqui. I sang happy birthday (one of my least favorite songs) as I came through the door (...and I enjoyed it because I was singing to Audrey).
I am a bit slow sometime, but I thought it was funny how I accidentally started and kept up a conversation revolving a coincidence I hadn't fully realized.
No comments:
Post a Comment